In line for Julieta Venegas with Esmeralda, excited to see her live. After an hour of standing in heels (so irritating but all Latinas wear heels to any event and we didn't want to feel left out) waiting for the diva to come out, I noticed a girl come out to the stage and I honestly thought she was doing a mic check. She was dressed so simple, in denim jeans and cute trendy top but not very flashy at all. But once she opened her mouth and I heard her angelic voice, I realized this is not a mic check. I was there witnessing the birth of a star.
Carla Morrison is from Tecate and her drummer from Tijuana. Just the two was all it took to entertain this San Diego crowd. I'm not sure how the rest of the crowd felt. They seemed a little confused. Like they weren't sure if they liked her or they just wanted to see the safe to like, I've heard millions of times so I'm not taking any risks in listening, mainstream, pop diva, Julieta. It's not a bad thing but I think most people have been trained by the radio to only like what's on the radio. Nothing against Julieta. I love her music. It's why we were there. But in my opinion, this new starlet stole the show. So I hope that people can open their mind and ears to new incredible talent.
