Saturday, February 18, 2017

My Transition to Vegan and Finding the Right Cheese!

My transition to Vegan started after watching one of Ralph Smart's Youtube videos on his Infinite Waters Channel. Ralph has been an amazing inspiration to me. I can't recommend his videos enough. He encourages a vegan diet for optimal health and your spiritual enlightenment - awakening. The whole idea is that as you learn to respect all creatures and life forms equally (i.e. dogs, cats, cows, pigs and all other living beings), your karma brings you enlightenment, self fulfillment and rids you of the fear and guilt from the energy of the animal you are eating. Not only that, but this instills compassion for all living things and in turn compassion will be given to you. This is Karma.

Going Vegan may be something that is easier for someone like me since I have always loved animals. I once became Vegan at 13 for a year after watching a horrific documentary where they kill the animals and where our meat comes from. Its really sad what they do to animals in slaughter houses! People in the US get mad at people in China when they see Grotesque images from Yulin, a Chinese yearly "eat your dog" festival. But they don't get mad for what happens right here in front of their faces (Vegucated, Documentary... Not for the faint or minors because it is graphic). We are being hypocrites if we judge a culture that does not know any different. Did you know that in some regions like India and Nepal Cows are considered holy and sacred? So how disgusting are we to them?

Back to the 10-Day Vegan challenge, I decided to try it. In order to give myself a bit of a push and make it easier for me to follow the diet, I also watched a documentary called Forks Over Knives. In this movie, researchers explore the possibility that people changing their diets from animal-based to plant-based can eliminate or control diseases like cancer and diabetes.  This was enough to do the 10 Day Vegan Challenge faithfully! During my trial phase, I felt like I was just dropping lbs and felt full of energy. I was really hungry a lot for the first few days though. I don't know if every person who is Vegan feels their spirituality strengthened though... or was it just me? Something about a sound mind and clarity though. I can't even explain that but I felt healthier and more clear minded. Like I felt light. Can't explain that better. :) lol  without sounding crazy of course! Like I didn't have a care in the world almost. Like stress just rolled off of me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a robot!!! Lol. I do get upset and overwhelmed but it is easier to deal with it.

So yeah. That was my journey to Vegan. At the moment, I try my best to eat a clean Vegan diet but there are times that I fall short. Not really on the meat but mostly its the cheese, eggs and sour cream that I am working on. So I guess I'm a relaxed Vegan lol. Does that count or am I just a vegetarian. But I do see it as I am transitioning. In fact on my quest for better non dairy vegan cheese, I am sooooooooooo excited I found the best I have ever had. I have two that I love but this one is the closest to cheese as I have ever tasted!!!! Chao tofu cheese! Here is a pic below.


Powered By Blogger